Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Got Keys!!

As you know I'd been waiting to get my keys to get into my classroom and now that I have them I've been working furiously to organize, decorate, throw out, and file - all at the same time! Although we don't start until next week, kindergarten has a building to set up not just a classroom! Now I can't complain - it's lovely to have so much space but 14 bulletin boards to put up can be a killer! So with the additional space comes the added workload! As I set up an area I took the liberty of taking some pictures. So here it goes! 


 


The first four pictures are of the front door and hallway.  Where you see an animal rug hanging it may be there to cover some of the peeled off paint!  Or it may be that it’s a filler to cover the blank walls until we get children’s artwork up!

 This second picture shows my word wall and 4 bags that hold daily riddles and questions about the learned skills from the week.  At the end of the day a student from each animal group goes and pulls out a riddle and work together to come up with the answer. 




Picture 3 shows the tables I use for fine motor time and literacy centers. I use the zebra, giraffe, tiger, and leopard to form four teams.  These do change every quarter.  Their take home folders also match their animal print theme. 


 Picture 4 shows my trash cans!  Aren’t they too cute!  Animal print is so easy to paint that even I managed to paint them AND even made tissue boxes out of animal print poster board!  I have the pattern if anyone cares to create their own! Just email me or leave a comment.


This picture shows my files.  Anyone who knows me knows that I hate to file so I have to work at it to stay organized! The animal print platform is for the kids to stand on since our Smartboards are mounted at the same level throughout the school.  How do you like my paint job?

  

The last picture shows a display of animal print poster board that I used to make my display numbers, tissue boxes, student portfolio folders… the list goes on.  So here it is in a nutshell.  Hopefully I will be able to take pictures of the back room where we have loud centers.

Before I head to bed, does anyone think poster board is a great idea for another giveaway?  The German stores carry every kind of print! It’s amazing what styles you find.  I hope to remember to carry my camera into a store one day to take pictures of the different designs.  Love to hear from you – if you think this would be a great giveaway idea! Buzzing off to bed!
 
 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment